Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

End of the Spear

On Sunday afternoon, January 8, 1956, at about 3pm, Nate Saint, Ed McCully, Jim Elliot, Peter Fleming, and Roger Youderian all missionaries and faithful servants to their LORD and SAVIOR, Christ Jesus were killed while attempting to evangelize the Waodani people in the jungles of Ecuador.

I can remember when it must have been the next day or two that I asked my Mother why would these men have gone into such a dangerous area just to tell these people about Jesus? Mother said something like the rewards to them were far great then life itself. I was only eight years old and that made no sense to me...
It was in January '91 before I could really say I understood their sacrifice. There is absolutely nothing in this world that is more valuable to me than the souls of my loved ones, friends, neighbors and the hearts of those who may come to Christ in the coming days.


End of the spear 1 12 YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6YnenMu5s