Translate

Friday, April 3, 2020

My Great Awakening

Today is another anniversary, an anniversary of the greatest shock of my life, even greater and more upsetting than the deaths of my parents. Who or what I was when my eyes were opened twenty-six years ago but no more then a failed husband, a failed father of two, and also a lowly over-the-road truck-driver who had spent the previous three years of his life traveling all across the United States seeking an inner peace within myself and an even closer relationship with my Heavenly Father, if that were even possible.

It was Sunday, April 3, 1994, and even as I laid in my bunk that morning, in the sleeper of my tractor thinking on what had transpired in the past week with several personal encounters with the Holy Spirit, I knew there were even greater things to come, but what, I didn't know.
I was also a trainer, training new truck drivers in the art of traveling throughout these United States, and instructing new drivers on the safety aspects of entering the shippers, consignees, truck-stops, rest areas, and weigh-stations all across the USA and even into Canada.
Dennis C., my student, was sleeping in the upper bunk above me, we had met and were paired-up together in Schererville, IN. on Monday, March 28.
Dennis, with other students, had driven up from Dallas, TX., arriving approximately 9:30 that Monday morning. I had already been assigned a load for us to deliver to a UPS terminal in Chicago by 10:30, thinking this was "am" instead, finding out later that it was meant for 10:30 pm that night.
Arriving at the UPS that morning at about 11:30, I immediately started apologizing to the Receiving Clerk for being late. After checking our paperwork, the clerk at the receiving desk starts laughing, saying, "No, you're not late; in fact, you're eleven hours early." The clerk also informs us that our trailer wouldn't be unloaded before midnight.

Waiting is one of the hardest lessons the truck driver learns. Another student and I waited for four days in Seattle, Washington, for dispatch, and then when we finally did get a dispatch, we had to deadhead over 600 miles to the shipper in California. Waiting for dispatch, waiting for the shippers, waiting for the consignees, waiting in the weigh stations seems to be the most significant part of a truck driver's life.

The Receiving clerk instructed us as to where to drop our trailer and to park with the other drivers across the drive from his office.
It was precisely 10:30 pm when I spotted our trailer being backed in a dock door for unloading, and it was precisely midnight when I saw a UPS yard tractor pulling our trailer out from the dock.
After receiving our paperwork, hooking our empty trailer, and sending dispatch a satellite message that we were empty, I pulled out onto the I-94 Interstate heading back to Schererville.

I regretfully admit that even Christians have their moments of frustration and anger, and I was frustrated and angry for having waited more than thirteen hours for our empty trailer. Thus, I had the throttle of my tractor locked down as we were approaching the I-57/94 split, where there are two lanes for each interstate and a car in the right lane for Indiana. I moved to the left lane, and as I was passing this car, the Holy Spirit whispered in my left ear, saying, "You must get out of this lane now!" I screamed at Dennis, telling him I must get over now. Dennis screams back, "No, you have this car right here!"
I glanced in the convex mirror and saw that the tandem of our 53' trailer was even with the front of the car. I screamed, "I got a foot or two," as I was jerking the steering wheel hard to the right just as we were entering underneath the I-57 overpass where there is a hard left-hand curve marked at 45MPH.
I don't believe it was me that jerked the steering wheel like that because it would have met a crash for sure with the sudden jerking of the steering wheel first to the right and then another sudden jerking back to the left to avoid hitting the concrete wall of the overpass. We would have jacked knifed hitting the concrete wall and we would not have walked away from slamming head-on with the concrete wall, plus the car I was passing would have slammed into the trailer.
We were in an old International Cab-over tractor, which was governed at 60 mph, and as I am crossing the center-line, I suddenly see a car in the left lane just starting to push a car off the curve which had broken down just moments earlier.


With Chicago's CTA parking a train on the inside of this sharp left-hand curve after midnight just a few feet from this highway payment, plus the I-57 Northbound lane overpass, my view of any traffic ahead of us was minimal at best. Dennis seated on the right side could see a few feet farther around the curve than I could have. Neither Dennis nor I realized the presence of the two cars in the left lane until we were passing and missing them by mere inches and also the car that I had just passed.

After clearing the curve, I glanced at Dennis, and I could see that he was in shock with both hands still raised in front of his face and his eyes staring straight ahead. Upon my third glance to check on Dennis, he finally shook his head and turned to me and asked, "How did you know?" I replied, "The Good LORD shows me things, and He tells me things, and the Holy Spirit whispered in my left ear saying, 'You must get out of this lane now!'"

Had it not been for the Holy Spirit's warning, I most likely would have killed Dennis and myself, and maybe even the three men in the three cars on that curve that night. Thus, this was the beginning of a week that will never be forgotten.

I may not have the education nor the worldly wisdom which most have in this world, but what understanding I do have was given to me by the most loving Heavenly Father who is rich in mercies and blessings for those that seek a personal relationship with Him. I had learned several years early through visions and spoken messages both in my left ear and through my lips to others, that this is truly a spiritual world in which we live. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12).

The following Friday morning Dennis and I arrived in Ft. Worth, TX. to make a delivery, but the consignee said that they couldn't unload our trailer until Monday morning. I asked the Receiving Clerk, "If we can get permission from our dispatcher, can we drop our trailer? He said, "Yes.' I sent a message to our dispatcher asking for that permission, and she okayed our request.
It was an hour or so later when an empty trailer was located in Carrolton, a suburb nearby. Hooking this empty, we sat there waiting for a dispatch message. An hour or so later, the keyboard beeps for an incoming message, and it read, pickup ASP in Waco, TX. for a Monday morning delivery in Southern California.
I told Dennis we have the load, but they don't have all the details, I have been to Waco several times to two different shippers who are no more than a couple of miles apart, so we'll head on down there, and we'll most likely get all the details for this load before reaching Waco.
As I turned onto the ramp for I-35E South the keyboard beeps, I asked Dennis to check it out, believing this was the information we were needing.
Dennis says, "Dispatch says that there is a problem with this load, go to Mesquite T/A. check with dispatch in the morning." I merged onto I-35E and took the next exit for I-635 East for Mesquite, as I was merging onto I-635, the Holy Spirit whispered in my left ear saying, "This load will not be ready until Monday." I glanced at Dennis and said, "I can tell you right now; this load will not be ready until Monday." Dennis asks, "How do you know that?" I said, "I told you before, the Good LORD shows me things, and He tells me things."

Saturday morning, I crawled into the driver's seat and sent dispatch a message. As I am laying the keyboard down on the dash, Dennis slides into the jump seat and he asked, "Are you checking on our load?" I replied, "Yes!" Dennis asks, "How long will it take to get an answer?" I said, "It's 7 am Saturday, they can't be that busy, maybe 7 or 8 min.!" Immediately the Holy Spirit whispered in my left ear saying, "This load will not be ready until Monday!" I told Dennis, "But I can tell you right now their reply will simply say, 'This load will not be ready until Monday!'" Again Dennis asks, "How can you know that?" I laughed and said, "I've told you, the Good LORD shows me things, and He tells me things, and this is what the Holy Spirit whispered in my left ear."
It was fifteen minutes later when the keyboard beeps, I grab the keyboard and read the message. I handed the keyboard to Dennis, and he read, "This load will not be ready until Monday!"

Sunday morning April 3, I crawled into the driver's seat and looked out the side window and see the small trailer used by the Chaplin maybe 200' or so away; suddenly the Holy Spirit whispered, "You must be in church this morning!" I thought to myself; God must have a message for me today in the sermon.
Dennis crawls into the jump seat. I turned to him and said, "Well, I can now tell you at least partly, why our load was delayed Friday." Dennis asks, "Why?" I said, "Evidently God has a message just for me in the sermon at church today, the Holy Spirit says I must be in church today."
A little while later, the Chaplin who lived in one end of the trailer came knotting on my door. He introduced himself as Richard Chamberlain, and he invited me to the service that morning. I waved my Bible at him and told him all that had happen to us since Friday and that I believed God had a message just for me in his sermon.
The sermon ended, and I sat there, shocked and upset with myself, thinking I had missed God's message. Chaplin Chamberlain was now standing in the aisle, casually talking with the four of us who attended his service that morning.
I wasn't listening to the Chaplin; I was trying to replay his sermon in my mind when he suddenly snaps his finger and says, "I have a tape to give you men." I was still highly upset with myself, and I didn't raise my head because of the tears in my eyes, thinking I failed God once again.

I hear Chaplin Chamberlain coming back down the aisle, so without looking up I held my hand up for the tape. He talked about this tape for a few minutes, and then he snaps his fingers again and says, "I have one more tape you men definitely need to hear!"
Hearing Chaplin Chamberlain approaching once again, I still would not raise my head, so I lifted my hand to receive this second tape. When he places this tape in my hand, I came flying out of my seat, screaming, "That's it! That's it! That's it!" In shock, the Chaplin begins shaking, and he is slowly backing up in the aisle, maybe an inch per step, asking, "What's it." I repeated all that I had told him earlier that morning when he stopped by to invite me to his sermon, ending with, "Well, I didn't hear God's message for me in your sermon, but this is God's message for me this morning," as I was shaking the tape back and forth in the air.
Chaplin Chamberlain told us that he had read a book titled, "Through the Fire Without Burning," which was authored by Pastor Dumitru Duduman telling of his life and how God showed him a vision of America's coming destruction.

America has been on the road of destruction by her own making for nearly 50 years or more. I have also been led to two others since that day who have also seen visions of America's destruction.
I have learned through the years of reading the Bible that one can ask God for confirmation to confirm as to whether a prophecy is true or not. If only one confirmation is received, then the prophecy could be altered in some way or another. If two confirmations were received, then it was a prophecy that would undoubtedly come to pass in God's timing and not before.
With each of these three visions in which I was led to, I prayed, saying, "God, if this is a true vision for America than You are required to give me two confirmations," and with each request, God gave me the two confirmations which I had asked for.

If interested in more information about Prophet Dumitru Duduman, please visit his ministry's website, Hand of Help Ministries dot com.
If you are having a hard time believing God interactions with man today as I have suggested, please look-up my post titled "The Greater Message," found in the archives posted on January 21, 2014.