Translate

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Supernatural Spiritual Event





I believe that a person can't really understand just How Great Is Our God if they aren't at least in a good daily reading/studying program with the Bible, or if they haven't had a real life supernatural spiritual event.

June 1978, I raised my hands to murder a co-worker and with my hands within an inch of killing Dan the lights suddenly went out, not in the building that we were working in, but on me. I closed my eyes and shook my head and opened my eyes to see my four year old daughter and my eight year old son standing in a garden setting before me; they reach out with both hands and said, "No Daddy, don't! No Daddy, don't!" The lights went out again and I closed my eyes and shook my head and then I opened my eyes again to see Dan. I backed away from him and leaning over a handrail several feet away, I started thanking and praising God that He knew, short of giving me a heart attack, what to show me, to stop me from murdering this co-worker.

Why is it that man wants to compromise on God's Word? Even many of the Christians today are eager to make their own decisions on critical issues, saying that they sincerely believe this or that is right for them, but not accepting what God's Word says... Issues of pride of life, abortion and immoral sexual behavior being three of the most common errors that man will make, based upon their own life experiences and refusing to seek God's desires on these issues; but all so often rushing into a decision that could very easily haunt them for the rest of their lives.

It is human nature to base our opinions of what we think, see or hear, or to be influenced by prejudice, social pressure or personal desires and our judgments at best, are imperfect. We all have sinned, because we have a inherited sin nature within us.
Desiring to be like the majority has caused many to ignore the Bible and seek counsel with those who are not followers of Christ; God leaves the choice for us to accept or reject His Word. Many situations occur today which provides the non-Christians opportunities to ridicule Christianity and dishonor our LORD; because of the inconsistencies and sins of many Christians. The non-Christian rejoices at this discovery and is eager to broadcast the fall or failures of those Christians and in some way the non-believer will use this to excuse their own sins.

Many of those unrighteous decisions will bring about devastating consequences. But for a Christian to confess his sins without intending to forsake them is self deception. Only by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit can we accomplish the LORD'S will, bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of His Word.
Jesus promised His followers, And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for He lives with you and will be in you. John 14:16-17 When He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13 The Holy Spirit will indwell all true Christians. Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Act 2:38

One of the most pressing need today is for the Christian to be serious about reading and studying the Bible. God speaks to us through His Word and as we read the Bible our acts of disobedience, be it by ignorance or on purpose will be brought to the light by the Holy Spirit reminding us, that this is sin and then we will feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit for these acts of sin. Speaking of the Holy Spirit Jesus said, When he comes, He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world (Satan) now stands condemned. John 16:8-11

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

When we accept JESUS as our LORD and SAVIOR and confess our sins with a real desire to forsake them, then God is ready and willing to forgive our sins and strengthen us through the power of Holy Spirit to live a life pleasing to Him.
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Rom 8:16-17
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:37-39
This is why I praise my God, The God of All Creation for His Mercies, Love, Forgiveness, Grace and the most awesome gift of eternal Salvation by the precious Blood of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.