Translate

Friday, June 19, 2009

MY REDEEMER LIVES





In the Old Testament one of the greatest revelation of life after death, when his closest friends and even his wife had criticized and misunderstood him, Job spoke with great insight, no doubt led by God when he said: I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. Job 19:25-27
Although God allowed Satan to test Job's faithfulness by causing the tragic death of his children and the loss of his health and wealth; Job rested in the assurance that his Redeemer would come to his defense and that he would be justified by his faith in an all knowing and seeing God.
According to the Law, a redeemer was the next of kin who was responsible for buying freedom for the enslaved relative or to buy back his lost inheritance. This redeemer foreshadowed the coming Savior-Redeemer, CHRIST JESUS.
This revelation blesses millions of suffering people today as it has throughout history who declares through faith: I know that my Redeemer lives.

God may allow Satan to afflict great pain and grief into our lives, just as he did in Job's life, that our faith in Him may be tested. Job could have become bitter against God, but instead, his faith in God was even made stronger.
God in His great mercy will forgive our sins, but this old biblical principle remains even to this day: That what man sows, that shall he reap.

Because the true Christian has a personal relationship with God, we too can have the faith of Job... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:37-39
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:1-2
Every trial or tribulation that comes our way is another opportunity to draw us closer to God, for us to become more like the person He wants us to be.
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. John 5:24-27

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6