Translate

Monday, June 29, 2009

Treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge



When I watched this video the other day I was overcome by the fact that I to, am still not the man that God wants me to be. I had failed as a husband and a Father several years ago. Now, I am a work in progress-a work that will not be completed until that final day.

January 1991, God gave me a dream of being lowered into the depths of the earth on a platform and as the platform was descending I looked up to see a very tiny spark of light, which looked to be miles above me. After feeling a jolt of the platform settling on the bottom, although there was no light I could make out the form of tunnels, one after another lining the bottom of the pit. Suddenly hearing blood curdling screams coming from the tunnels, I jump up in bed terrified and shaking.... I had this same dream two more times that night and three times the second and third nights... Talk about stubborn and hardheaded... the third time on the third night after jumping out of bed I went to the floor on my knees, crying out, "God, I can't go through this without You." That night, I asked for His forgiveness and renewed my vows accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior, who is my only hope in this life. I then laid back down and immediately went back into a dream of being in the depths of the earth again, but this time I was laying in His hands and He lifted me up out of the depths of the earth into the light.
Now I must admit that I haven't been perfect since that night, but that was one of my biggest wake up calls as to just how great and real is our God.
I started recalling all the amazing events that He has done in my life and since that night I haven't given up seeking Him with all of my heart, mind and soul.. God does have a purpose for each of us who will seek Him...

David wrote, Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. Psalm 119:2
The Apostle Paul wrote, To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. Romans 2:7-8

You may fine His assurances written all through the Bible, both in the Old and New Testament, for the knowledge of His will is available for all who seek the truth.
Deny the spiritual truths in the Bible and you will miss the greatest discovery of life, Jesus Christ, who is the truth in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

I wonder at times, how is it that someone like me, with very little education can see this so clearly and so many of the highly educated teachers, professors, lawyers, doctors, scientists, to name just a few can't seem to grasp the wonders and knowledge of God?
Here are just a few verses of thousands that may help convince someone.

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. Proverbs 14:16

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. Proverbs 26:12

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Isaiah 5:21

For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 1 Corinthians 1:19

The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor. Proverbs 15:33

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 1 Corinthians 1:20

And one of my most favorite verses.. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10